Full Posture Analysis
Full-height analysis from all sides: front, back, right & left sides, bend test, specialized head-neck-shoulder analysis, and facial symmetry tests.
Create your own postural evaluation protocols using the Master Mode. Trace vertical & horizontal deviations, and draw custom angles on any photo.
You just need a smartphone. Perform evaluations on-distance, as well as access and share generated results. Enhance your client-professional relationship!
You have full control over your results. All photos and reports are kept ONLY on your device, you control where PDF reports are saved, and how you share them.
Try it for Free!
Full detailed assessment including front posture, back posture, left and right sides.
Neck & Shoulder tests
Rapidly evaluate postural symmetry for greater accuracy of the results.
Analyze facial symmetry for insights into your wellness and aesthetics goals.
Receive interpretation of the results, including outline of potential issues.
Customize the report form with your logos, content, and contact information.
Use auto-detection of markers or do a manual positioning following the guide.
Access specialized anterior or posterior trunk symmetry evaluations (ATSI, POTSI).
Perform the bend test assessment in a matter of seconds.
Daily Tips & Exercise
Receive daily tips on how to improve and maintain good posture.
Export the Results
Save results in JPEG/PDF for future sharing and progress tracking.
How to use APECS?
Does APECS use research findings?
APECS uses standardized landmarks and anatomical angles for postural assessment. Inside the app you can find a full list of anthropometric landmarks (with Latin names and descriptions) and angles involved. These anthropometric landmarks have been the subject of extensive research by scientists and doctors over the past 50 years. You can find a lot of useful information about their validity by checking literature review articles or specific studies like Garrett et al. (1993), Shaghayeghfard et al. (2015) etc.
Researchers, physiotherapists, PhD candidates and students have used APECS in their research projects. Here are several different types of publications that might interest you:
1) Bruno Trovato, Federico Roggio, Martina Sortino, Marta Zanghi, Luca Petrigna, Rosario Giuffrida & Giuseppe Musumeci (2022). Postural Evaluation in Young Healthy Adults through a Digital and Reproducible Method. Journal of Functional Morphology and Kinesiology, 7(4), 98, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/jfmk7040098
2) Katterine Nery Ríos Peralta (2020). The relationship between the postural disorder of stomatognathic system and lumbar spine pathologies in adult patients of the fisiotherapy and rehabilitation service at the Armed Forces Central Hospital . Revista Científica Estudios E Investigaciones, 9(1), 74-89, DOI : https://doi.org/10.26885/rcei.9.1.74
3) Federico Roggio, Ermanno Vitale, Veronica Filetti, Venerando Rapisarda, Giuseppe Musumeci & Elio Romano (2022). Ergonomic evaluation of young agricultural operators using handle equipment through electromyography and vibrations analysis between the fingers. Safety and Health at Work, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.shaw.2022.07.003
4) Guido Belli, Stefania Toselli, Pasqualino Maietta Latessa & Mario Mauro (2022). Evaluation of Self-Perceived Body Image in Adolescents with Mild Idiopathic Scoliosis, European Journal of Investigation in Health, Psychology and Education, 12, 319–333, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ejihpe12030023
5) Anushka Saxena & Shahiduz Zafar (2022). Examining the Co-Relation between Posture, Flexibility and General Physical Fitness in Early Adolescents, Baltic Journal of Special Education “Specialusis Ugdymas”, 1(43). Available at: https://www.sumc.lt/index.php/se/article/view/1271
6) Simona Kačkauskaitė (2022). Assessment of Postural Characteristics, Respiratory Function Indicators, Trunk Muscle Stability and Endurance in Young People and Their Correlations (Master thesis, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences), Available at: https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12512/112549
7) Eglė Kemerytė-Ivanauskienė & Jūratė Česnavičienė (2022). Effect of exercise and kinesiological typing on 12–16 year old adolescents’ posture, 15th Conference of Baltic Society of Sport Sciences, 96, Available at: http://dspace.lsu.lt/handle/123456789/103
8) Anagha R & Annie Sonia Xavier (2022). Working posture analysis of construction workers using ergonomics, Sustainability, Agri, Food and Environmental Research, (ISSN: 0719-3726), 10(X), DOI: https://doi.org/10.7770/safer-V10N1-art2545
9) Fizza Ali Syed, Idrees Ahmed Zahoor, Saira Shabbir, Arif Ali Rana, Mubshra Ibrahim & Erum Ghaffar (2022). Effects Of Active Release Technique and Active Isolated Stretching on Muscles of Upper Cross Syndrome: ART and AIS on Upper Cross Syndrome. Pakistan BioMedical Journal, 5(7), DOI: https://doi.org/10.54393/pbmj.v5i7.621
10) Eligijus Šinkūnas (2022). Changes in the Functional Indices of the Musculoskeletal System of Adolescents with Different Levels of Proficiency in Traditional Karate using a Specialised Exercise Programme (Bachelor thesis, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences). Available at: https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12512/114690
11) Sebastián Espinoza, Gabriela Peirano, Nancy Tapia, Patricia Venega & Norman Marfull (2021). Symmetrical activity of the chewing muscles and its relationship with skeletal class and body posture, CRANIO®, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/08869634.2021.1960741
12) Wanida Kaewmunee, Sulaksana Sasiangkul, Atchara Khonthieng, Masturoh Aming & Sawita Chaiyawijit (2021). Correlations between Posture, Weight and Usage Patterns of Trolley School Bags with Musculoskeletal Pain in Junior Primary School Students, Thai Journal of Physical Therapy. 43(3), 164–175, Available at: https://he02.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/tjpt/article/view/244711
13) Aarushi Upadhyay & Bhavna Anand (2021). Association of neck pain with stress and posture among teachers using cost effective methods, Indian Journal of Health Sciences and Care, 8. Online ISSN: 2394-2800. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354817139_Association_of_neck_pain_with_stress_and_posture_among_teachers_using_cost_effective_methods
14) Bhavna Anand, Vinayak Singhal, Shubhi Kulshrestha & Sukriti Raj (2021). Impact of Smartphone Addiction on Craniovertebral Angle in Healthy Adults. Acta Scientific Orthopaedics, 4(10), 87-91, ISSN: 2581-8635. Available at: https://actascientific.com/ASOR/pdf/ASOR-04-0380.pdf
15) Hakim Silviana, Andy Hardianto, Naif Fuhaid & Hermawan Dadang (2021). Ergonomic risk assessment of the press machine for casava chips in smes-karya lestari jaya: a case study, Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 19(2), 399 – 406. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5937/jaes0-29097
16) Nur Intan Fadlillah (2021). The relationship between duration and sitting position on Forward Head Posture (FHP) for Santri at Al-Hariri Islamic Boarding School, Tebo Ilir District (Physiotherapy S1 thesis, Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta), Available from: http://eprints.ums.ac.id/id/eprint/92281
17) Zulvanka Rahma Dina (2021) Effects of posture, sitting time, and laptop size on neck pain during online learning (Skripsi thesis, Medical School of the Universitas Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Jakarta), Available from: https://repository.upnvj.ac.id/11338/
18) Shirley Andrea Vallejo Zambrano (2019). Comparative postural assessment between weightlifting athletes who train for three months or less VS those who train for one year or more in the gym: Beast Fitness Quito (Physical Therapy thesis, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador), Available at: http://repositorio.puce.edu.ec/xmlui/handle/22000/17769
19) Arantza María Cervantes Ortega (2019). Physiotherapy protocol assisted with equine therapy in patients with infantile cerebral palsy to improve postural deficit, Emorias del XXI Concurso Lasallista De Investigación, Desarrollo E Innovación Clidi 201, 7-11, Available at: https://repositorio.lasalle.mx/handle/lasalle/1991
You used APECS in your research? We’d love to hear about it, message us at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Note: we offer a researcher program, providing free access to APECS for research projects for students and teachers. Let us know if you’d like to apply.