Precise and rapid postural evaluations – in your palm!
Full Posture Analysis
Full-height analysis from all sides: front, back, right & left sides, bend test, specialized head-neck-shoulder analysis, and facial symmetry tests.
Create your own postural evaluation protocols using the Master Mode. Trace vertical & horizontal deviations, and draw custom angles on any photo.
You just need a smartphone. Perform evaluations on-distance, as well as access and share generated results. Enhance your client-professional relationship!
You have full control over your results. All photos and reports are kept ONLY on your device, you control where PDF reports are saved, and how you share them.
APECS Tools & Features
Try it for Free!
Full detailed assessment including front posture, back posture, left and right sides.
Neck & Shoulder tests
Rapidly evaluate postural symmetry for greater accuracy of the results.
Analyze facial symmetry for insights into your wellness and aesthetics goals.
Receive interpretation of the results, including outline of potential issues.
Customize the report form with your logos, content, and contact information.
Use auto-detection of markers or do a manual positioning following the guide.
Access specialized anterior or posterior trunk symmetry evaluations (ATSI, POTSI).
Perform the bend test assessment in a matter of seconds.
Daily Tips & Exercise
Receive daily tips on how to improve and maintain good posture.
Export the Results
Save results in JPEG/PDF for future sharing and progress tracking.
How to use APECS?
Does APECS use research findings?
APECS uses standardized landmarks and anatomical angles for postural assessment. Inside the app you can find a full list of anthropometric landmarks (with Latin names and descriptions) and angles involved. These anthropometric landmarks have been the subject of extensive research by scientists and doctors over the past 50 years. You can find a lot of useful information about their validity by checking literature review articles or specific studies like Garrett et al. (1993), Shaghayeghfard et al. (2015) etc.
Researchers, physiotherapists, PhD candidates and students have used APECS in their research projects. Here are several different types of publications that might interest you:
1) Katterine Nery Ríos Peralta (2020). The relationship between the postural disorder of stomatognathic system and lumbar spine pathologies in adult patients of the fisiotherapy and rehabilitation service at the Armed Forces Central Hospital . Revista Científica Estudios E Investigaciones, 9(1), 74-89, DOI : https://doi.org/10.26885/rcei.9.1.74
2) Guido Belli, Stefania Toselli, Pasqualino Maietta Latessa & Mario Mauro (2022). Evaluation of Self-Perceived Body Image in Adolescents with Mild Idiopathic Scoliosis, European Journal of Investigation in Health, Psychology and Education, 12, 319–333, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ejihpe12030023
3) Simona Kačkauskaitė (2022). Assessment of Postural Characteristics, Respiratory Function Indicators, Trunk Muscle Stability and Endurance in Young People and Their Correlations (Master thesis, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences), Available at: https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12512/112549
4) Eglė Kemerytė-Ivanauskienė, Jūratė Česnavičienė (2022). Effect of exercise and kinesiological typing on 12–16 year old adolescents’ posture, 15th Conference of Baltic Society of Sport Sciences, 96, Available at: http://dspace.lsu.lt/handle/123456789/103
5) Anagha R & Annie Sonia Xavier (2022). Working posture analysis of construction workers using ergonomics, Sustainability, Agri, Food and Environmental Research, (ISSN: 0719-3726), 10(X), DOI: https://doi.org/10.7770/safer-V10N1-art2545
6) Sebastián Espinoza, Gabriela Peirano, Nancy Tapia, Patricia Venega & Norman Marfull (2021). Symmetrical activity of the chewing muscles and its relationship with skeletal class and body posture, CRANIO®, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/08869634.2021.1960741
7) Wanida Kaewmunee, Sulaksana Sasiangkul, Atchara Khonthieng, Masturoh Aming & Sawita Chaiyawijit (2021). Correlations between Posture, Weight and Usage Patterns of Trolley School Bags with Musculoskeletal Pain in Junior Primary School Students, Thai Journal of Physical Therapy. 43(3), 164–175, Available at: https://he02.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/tjpt/article/view/244711
8) Aarushi Upadhyay & Bhavna Anand (2021). Association of neck pain with stress and posture among teachers using cost effective methods, Indian Journal of Health Sciences and Care, Poster-67, SGTCON058, Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354817139_Association_of_neck_pain_with_stress_and_posture_among_teachers_using_cost_effective_methods
9) Hakim Silviana, Andy Hardianto, Naif Fuhaid & Hermawan Dadang (2021). Ergonomic risk assessment of the press machine for casava chips in smes-karya lestari jaya: a case study, Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 19(2), 399 – 406. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5937/jaes0-29097
10) Nur Intan Fadlillah (2021). The relationship between duration and sitting position on Forward Head Posture (FHP) for Santri at Al-Hariri Islamic Boarding School, Tebo Ilir District (Physiotherapy S1 thesis, Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta), Available from: http://eprints.ums.ac.id/id/eprint/92281
11) Zulvanka Rahma Dina (2021) Effects of posture, sitting time, and laptop size on neck pain during online learning (Skripsi thesis, Medical School of the Universitas Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Jakarta), Available from: https://repository.upnvj.ac.id/11338/
12) Shirley Andrea Vallejo Zambrano (2019). Comparative postural assessment between weightlifting athletes who train for three months or less VS those who train for one year or more in the gym: Beast Fitness Quito (Physical Therapy thesis, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador), Available at: http://repositorio.puce.edu.ec/xmlui/handle/22000/17769
13) Arantza María Cervantes Ortega (2019). Physiotherapy protocol assisted with equine therapy in patients with infantile cerebral palsy to improve postural deficit, Emorias del XXI Concurso Lasallista De Investigación, Desarrollo E Innovación Clidi 201, 7-11, Available at: https://repositorio.lasalle.mx/handle/lasalle/1991
You used APECS in your research? We’d love to hear about it, message us at email@example.com !
Note: we offer a researcher program, providing free access to APECS for research projects for students and teachers. Let us know if you’d like to apply.